Sunday, January 3, 2010

I Never Liked Resolutions

Resolution-a solution, accommodation, or settling of a problem, controversy, etc.

I don't feel like I have problems I need to fix. I have things I would like to do (not necessarily change or fix). So instead I have goals for this year, I had goals last year and I don't even remember them so I am writing a list this year to keep track of what I need to accomplish.

I am happy with my life but I still feel like I need to grow up in a way, be more organized and figure things out and make it stick. Here are some of my goals for the year, I'm already off track due to some over enjoyment on new years eve but starting tonight (I'll probably be up all night working on things) I will work on my goals.

1. Keep track of EVERYTHING, organize and run my business like...well a business, not just something I'm going to forget about and leave behind someday. This is what I want to do and this is what I am going to do for my career, I need to realize that.
2. Work on my relationships with people. I will admit I have a hard shell in certain situations. Maybe I will finally go on a date, not just hang out with guys and view them as my friends, I need someone there for me and as much as I hate to admit it I can't do everything on my own.
3. Finish up the apartment and get it looking decent. It's not horrible right now but it does need the finishing touches (like putting the clothes in the closet/dresser and not having them lay on the dryer forever). It's slowly coming together and I love it.
4. Work on promoting my etsy shop, keeping up on adding/making items and keep up on my blog (a "resolution" I had last year).
5. Writing down my ideas instead of blowing them off and thinking I will write/sketch them down later, it never happens and I should know that by now. I plan to carry a sketch book with me everywhere I go.

That is all I can think of right now. I need to print out a list and put it up somewhere that I will be able to see it everyday and keep it in my mind that I need to do these things even if I don't feel like it.

My etsy shop has improved a lot since I opened it, better pictures, more items and more of a variety. I would like to stick mostly to the eco friendly and natural view I have and recycle as much as possible. I plan to get back into soap making and ordered some oils yesterday that I am very very excited about. I still plan to make plugs, but mainly made to order so I don't waste any supplies or time (not that I have, but it just seems to make more sense this way). I really want to get into doing more clothes and have some friends who are willing to help me with it (boys clothes and modeling). I will also be putting some knitting/crochet patterns up in the shop in the near future that I am excited about.

I am very excited but also nervous about the new year, no more putting things off and everything is going to be organized. I hope you all have luck with your goals and even though sometimes it feels like there's no hope, just remember in the back of your mind that there is always hope for everyone in every situation and you can pull through.

No comments:

Post a Comment