Thursday, January 7, 2010

Soap

Sooooo it's been awhile since I whipped out the supplies and made soap (far to long). Recently I got the urge to start making it again even though I still have tons left over from my last adventure.
One of the reasons I put it on hold was because it never really took off in my shop, even though I sold some locally to some wonderful ladies I was very discouraged. That and I was being overwhelmed by soap everywhere. So I gave most of it away to friends and family.
The urge came back to me not to long ago, although I can't remember why. I decided to test out goats milk soap and order some essential oils to make more scents (unlike before where I only had a few). The oils are on their way (hopefully they get here soon!) and I tried out a couple batches with goats milk last night. The first batch went very well, then I got a little overconfident and decided to try out a second using goats milk aloe vera and honey! It was a lot of fun making it but when I cut it up this morning it was still a little watery, kind of gooey on the outside but super dry and hard on the inside. I have NEVER had this happen so I have no idea what is going on!!! It's a very beautiful soap and smells really good also (it actually looks kind of like pumpkin pie). I just hope it turns out well and I don't have any problems with it.
But then again you live and learn right??
Batch 1-Goats Milk Soap
Goats Milk Soap
Batch 2-Goats Milk, Aloe Vera and Honey Soap
Goats Milk Aloe Vera and Honey
I can't wait to try this soap out! And eventually have it up in my shop :)

Agg only a couple more days to finish up my pdf!! It's going well so far so I have high hopes. The pictures are all set and so is the pattern...I just hope I can figure out how to put it all together!
Off to get ready and brave the snow! Not to bad right now but I'm sure it'll get worse.
Snow Day

No comments:

Post a Comment