Wednesday, January 19, 2011

MY 6th POST THIS YEAR AND IT'S STILL JANUARY! Hahaha I must say I am slightly happy about this (slightly being an understatement) maybe I'm blogging more because I haven't been to social in life lately??? Oh well.

Anyway I have a few pieces of good news. I'm not sure if I blogged about it a couple years ago when I bough oodles and oodles of screen printing supplies only to keep it for a year and sell it. About six months ago (actually probably more but I'll say 6 months to humor myself) I decided to give it a shot again and well...actually DO IT instead of letting it sit around. That got me nowhere. Last night I was sitting on the couch watching a movie after cutting up some patters and jumped into it! My screen is drying at the moment, fingers crossed I did everything right! And I am very excited about this but not excited enough to go out and buy tons of supplies again. For my first one I'm going to keep it simple and hopefully it goes well and isn't a discouraging disaster! I will keep you posted, I hope to have it all done by Friday :)

Some other good news is I have a few new shirt patterns and am going to jump back on the sewing bandwagon! I've been sooo busy with plugs lately I've been neglecting my sewing machines. My plug making station has even migrated to my sewing table :(
Expect some new clothes up in the shop! I will try my best to make same the same style in different sizes, something I've never done but need to! I know I have mostly had sz small and medium in shirts and I NEED to change that! I am also working on some more skirts.

One last thing! Again a couple years ago I wanted to open up a store in downtown Racine. I was thinking mostly handmade at the time but Racine isn't the best place for a store with only handmade things in it (I will admit this town is kind of cheap and sketchy at times). I looked at storefront prices and everything but was very discouraged and put it off. I am rethinking the idea and will be talking about it with a couple of close friends soon so it may be a possibility! Although I don't think it will just be handmade items. I'm thinking handmade/vintage/thrift but we'll see where we go from here. Right now it's just a matter of brainstorming.

This month has been super super hard but I'm trying to look on the bright side of things. Expect another post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment